Thursday 21 June 2018

"attunement"




When reflecting on an "aha moment" that relates to attunement with another I think of my relationship with my oldest son Joseph. We recently went on a trip across Canada in my car. It was an experience I will never forget for I knew it would be a time of bonding, but I had no idea how much it would mean to me. I could not comprehend what it entailed and even if my car would be able to do the distance or if our relationship would be able to stand the tension.
What I discovered was that when I felt scared and did not wish to continue he talked me into enduring the trip and when he felt scared and did not wish to go on I encouraged him. Through sleet, rain, fatigue, frustration, anxiety, and snow storms we continued through this unknown land, where turning back was not an option.
When we finally arrived in Halifax Nova Scotia the joy and satisfaction we felt was unbelievable. We put our hands up high and high-fived, hugged each other, the connection was so powerful, we were in-sync, and in harmony. We did it! This task that seemed at first to be so difficult, so unrealistic, so crazy, we had accomplished what we first set out to do.
I looked lovingly at my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment