Friday 22 June 2018

Social Tuning "aha"



 I remember being in Robin’s class and doing a presentation on power and at first people were not really paying attention, but as I told my story the room went quiet. I had been to court with my ex-husband for 176 applications in Port Coquitlam Provincial Court and finally took him to Vancouver Supreme Court and won. When I looked around and saw the look of shock, disgust, and surprise on my class mates faces I realized they were on my side. This social tuning moment of the unequal power, a David and Goliath story made me realize I was not wrong in fighting this battle. That what I had done was something great, something important, something unique. I went home with a different feeling of who I was and with an increase in self-esteem that was much needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment